Murrieta CA Visitation Lawyer

Helping Parents Understand Their Visitation Rights in California

Visitation can become a heated topic. In order to make sure that the best interests of your children are prioritized in your situation, obtaining the legal representation of a skilled Murrieta visitation attorney is crucial. Founding attorney Michael D. Iverson of the Law Offices of Michael D. Iverson, APC is backed by more than 10 years of experience and has been recognized for his commitment to excellence and client service. In fact, he was the recipient of the 10 Best Attorney in Client Satisfaction award from the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys in both 2017 and 2018.

Speak with our Murrieta visitation lawyer today to learn more about your legal options. You can reach us at (951) 418-2770.

What Is Reasonable Visitation in California?

If a parent does not have primary custody of the children, a visitation schedule is typically drawn up. Reasonable visitation means that the parents can work together to determine a schedule that includes some flexibility.

The parent with primary custody often has more control over the following:

  • Dates of the visits
  • Times of the visits
  • Duration of the visits

It is important to realize that judges do take note if the custodial parent is acting vindictively towards the other parent and is not flexible. In addition, if one parent has a pattern of being late to visits or missing visits altogether, a different solution may need to be reached.

Creating a Visitation Schedule That Works for Your Family

When it comes to visitation rights in California, it's important to establish a visitation schedule that works for both parents and, most importantly, the children. Our experienced Murrieta visitation attorneys at Law Offices of Michael D. Iverson, APC can help you navigate the complexities of visitation arrangements and create a schedule that prioritizes the best interests of your family.

Key considerations for creating a visitation schedule include:

  • Flexibility to accommodate work schedules and other commitments
  • Consistency to provide stability for the children
  • Open communication between both parents to address any changes or conflicts
  • Respect for the children's routines and activities
  • Provisions for holidays, vacations, and special occasions

Our goal is to help you reach a visitation arrangement that fosters a positive co-parenting relationship and promotes the well-being of your children. Contact us today to discuss your visitation rights and create a personalized visitation schedule tailored to your family's unique needs.

To speak with an experienced Murrieta visitation attorney, give us a call at (951) 418-2770 or contact us online today.

  • "He is a very thorough and competent attorney!"
    Michael R.
  • Less then a month after my consultation it was done. Everyone is awesome and very helpful on any questions I had.

    Chuck G.
  • "I am so grateful to him and his supporting staff."
  • "When I have a legal issue, I call Iverson."
    Perry K.
  • "Michael was fantastic to deal with and very professional."
    Ryan A.

What Age Can a Child Refuse Visitation in California?

Since custody and visitation orders are legally binding, the child and their parents must abide by the terms until the child reaches adulthood.

Can a 17 Year Old Refuse Visitation in California?

No, the legal age for a child to refuse visitation in California is 18 years old. By that age, any parent will not be able to force a child to continue to see you. In addition, a family court will no longer enforce any possession or visitation clauses.

Can Grandparents Petition for Visitation? 

In California, grandparents can only file for visitation rights if:

  • the parents are living separately;
  • a parent’s whereabouts have been unknown for a month or longer;
  • the child has been adopted by a stepparent;
  • the child does not live with either parent;
  • one of the parents joins the petition;
  • one of the parents of the child is deceased; or
  • the parents are unmarried.

Visitation rights are based on a preexisting relationship between the grandparent and child. However, California does not require a certain period of time for there to be a bond between the grandparent and grandchild. The court will also need to balance the grandparent’s visitation with the parents’ rights to make decisions for their child.

Fixed Visitation

In some cases, a fixed visitation schedule is drawn up with the court. This is often used when the parents are hostile with each other and when it is in the best interests of the child to have a predictable schedule with one or both parents.

Contact the Murrieta Visitation Attorney at the Law Offices of Michael D. Iverson Today

Whether you are dealing with an abusive parent wishing to visit your children or dealing with grandparents’ rights to visitation, our Murrieta visitation attorney can help you navigate the situation and reach the best possible outcome for you and your loved ones.

Call our Murrieta visitation lawyer at (951) 418-2770 or contact us online for more information.



At the Law Offices of Michael D. Iverson, the founder of our respected law firm brings many years of successful service, legal knowledge, and client focus to a shared belief in your goals.

take the first step to a resolution

Contact Us

Facing a legal family matters or divorce is stressful, but you do not have to go through this on your own. Take the first step and contact the Law Offices of Michael D. Iverson, APC today to learn more.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.